13 January 2013

Deokbokki

I was excited during my vacation to Taiwan that I found the ingredients to cook deokbokki. I bought it all the way back to Brunei and cooked it. This is the 2nd time cooking it and I have the time to take pictures on how to cook it ^^


Below are the ingredients needed and how to cook it.


P/S: How I wish Brunei sells the main ingredients needed to cook deokbokki :(



This is the most important ingredient for deokbokki. This is what we call the sticky rice cake. Bought this in Taiwan. Too bad I bought 2 packets only. Should have gotten more =.="
This is easily available in Brunei. China spring onion. Slice it sideways

This is also easily available in Brunei. I got the above and this ingredient from Hua Ho :) Usually the Koreans would use fish cake but instead I use prawn cake here ^^ Cut it into bite size

The sauce for deokbokki!!! Bought this at Taiwan too!!! Got 2 bottles of this :D
Fill in your wok/pan with water about 1/4 full for 1 packet of sticky rice cake
Add in 1/4 bottle of the deokbokki sauce

Bring it to boil
Add in the sticky rice cake
Stir it always so the sticky rice cake does not stick to the bottom of the wok/pan
Once the sticky rice cake has soften, add in the fish cakes or in this case my prawn cakes :p
Stir to mix it well
Once stirring it well, add in the spring onion last so that one can taste the crispiness of the spring onion ^^
Its all done!!! Ready to be served hot :)

No comments: