01 January 2013

A year older a year wiser ^^

Last Saturday night (29th Dec) we celebrated my eldest brother in law's birthday at my in law's place. It was a last minute thing so HB came up with the idea to have a bbq + steamboat night. Ingredients were easily purchased plus it requires one to cook on their own so it was easy ^^. HB was so clever to use plastic bowls and wooden chopsticks so no one needs to do any washing after the meal.


I cooked an extra dish for everyone which was deokbokki. It is a Korean dish that is usually sold on street side. I would say the dish I cooked turned out well and the taste is just as how I tasted when I had it at Padimas Restaurant at Mata-Mata, Gadong.



Below are some pictures taken by me, HB and my sister in law, Nikki. Enjoy~



Hubs can be funny at times. He put up this note to remind his mum =.="

A must for every birthday celebrant

*LOL* Preparing food for the steamboat / grill night

HB helping to arrange it nicely ^^

I wash & cut. HB arranged nicely

Neatly prepared

Drinks for the night

Our utensils are also ready ^^

Preparing chicken stock for the soup base

My attempt to cook deokbokki for the family

Mission success!!!

Proud to say it tastes just like at Padimas Restaurant :p

Everyone digging in to dinner

Waiting for their food to be cooked

HB enjoying his lamb

Adding in more food to be cooked

Happy ones

Birthday man!!!

Wrong angle to catch my picture :(

HB is so happy here ^^

Nephews playing around

The cake

The finale of the night :D

No comments: