03 January 2011

Kuching Trip 17/12/10 till 30/12/10

Last December, HB and I went on our third honeymoon and this time is to my mum's hometown at Kuching. It was a 2 week getaway and boy was it FUN!!! Following pictures shall detail out trip :)



Our trip starts from Miri as we are taking our flight from there due to cheap airfares from MAS


While we were in the departure hall, my brother called and told HB that he has won BND1000 from HSBC for using HSBC's credit card :)


Me & HB waiting for our delayed flight :s

Upon arrival at Kuching International Airport. Look at our luggage. Initially we had one luggage to bring only but my mum made me bring back extra stuffs thus the extra boxes O.o


My Uncle Lambros picked us up

While in Kuching, we saved our money on accomodation as we stayed at my grandparents place. This is the name of the kampung that my grandparents stay :)

Upon arrival at my grandparents kampung, I brought HB to this particular area where water supply was taken a long time ago before the existence of water pipes in houses. When I was young, my siblings, cousins and I used to come here to get water filled in bottles to be brought home for cooking, washing, etc. HB was afraid to enter the water area thus taking this picture on dry land :p

On our 2nd day, we head off to the largest shopping mall in Kuching, The Spring

The 3rd day, my mum hired a rental van and brought the whole family except for my grandparents to this Santubong area as I wanted to bring HB to Cultural Village which is situated at that area

At the entrance of Cultural Village. It was such an exhilarating experience for HB as he has never experienced anything like this before. But HB felt tired too cos there were many houses to visit :p

Sticker proof that I was a visitor at Sarawak Cultural Village :D

After from Sarawak Cultural Village, we head off for a hearty lunch not far from Santubong. This place is really good but too bad they have lousy service :(

Back from our Santubong trip, I saw this sago worms in the kitchen *gulp*

4th day was the 15th day in the chinese calendar so HB and me decided to get our uncle to bring us to this Muara Tebas temple to pray. This temple is so cool cos it is situated in the malay kampung

HB and me taking our portrait by using the camera's timer at one of the landscape found at the temple

On the 5th day, my mum rented the van again to bring us to Lundu & Sematan

We headed off to Lundu first to pick my two grandaunties (those in dark grey and light grey shirts)
then we head off to Sematan to enjoy the scenery there and took some lovely pictures. This picture was taken at Sematan town :)

When night falls, this little fellow was up to his mischief again *LOL*

7th day at Kuching, brought my siblings out with my cousin for some drinks :D

This fellow was ready to ride the bike!!!

HB wanted to join the little fellow too :p

Uncle Lambros held an open house the day after christmas

HB with the host

Taking a memorable shot with Anne who is Uncle Lambros step daughter. She is a lovely gal!!!

Two days after christmas, I decided to CUT my hair!!! New look and refreshing :)

HB and me with my new haircut :D

4th last day at Kuching, HB wants to have dinner at Secret Recipe :) There was a funny store while we were having dinner there. While having dinner, HB and my brother were exchanging stories about having second portions without paying. And coincidentally, HB's lamb shank has plastic under it and he really got a second poriton for free *LOL*

3rd last day at Kuching, we strool around Kuching town. Saw this cute store !!!

Saw this goddess statue and decided to take a picture of it. So beautiful

My cousin Eil the poser at a self service petrol station

On our 2nd last day, my cousins decided to bring HB to my grandfather's fish pond which is situated in the middle of my grandfather's farm

After 4 long hours of catching fish, HB came back looking dead tired

And I do mean tired :s

When night falls, HB and I went on camwhoring spree with my relatives :) Here is Phoebe (Uncle Lambros's daughter) with me

Me & Edourra

Me, Phoebe & HB

Cousins Julian, Terence & HB

Beautiful girls with HB. From left, Phoebe, Jacqueline, Nina & Edourra

HB with Uncle Jeribi

HB with Uncle Malek. He cooks the best butter nestum prawn!!!

HB with Saddam (Uncle Malek's son)

HB with our tour guide Eil (Uncle Malek's son)

On the morning of our last day in Kuching, my grandauntie asked my grandmother to cut her hair. I wanted to take a candid shot but those two old women are still up to some humor *LOL*

Everyone sending us off at the airport

Someone was hungry while waiting in the departure hall

The colourful MAS airlines seats :D

HB & me before takeoff

This little fellow can't sit still throughout the flight. The only time he sits still is during takeoff and landing. Cool thing about this fellow is that he doesn't even cry during takeoff or landing!!!

Someone is pretty pooped out during the drive back from Miri to BSB
All in all, we had a marvellous time during the 2 weeks vacation in Kuching. I went on a shopping spree while I was there and so did HB. He managed to get the pants he liked and I went crazy for MAC items :p
I hope there will be more future trips like this with HB :D

No comments: