Exactly 19th May (3 months ago), my colleague and I decided to embark on a journey to lose weight. I guess she had a wake up call after attending a health talk and that she wanted to have someone to be with her on this journey. She set up a challenge on who lose the most weight :p There is no doubt we decided to go on an exercise regime and healthy eating style. No on diet method!!! We took the tough way *faint*
When we started this challenge, I head on to RBRC gym as I can have free access to usage of the gym there since my sister is an employee of RBA. I cut down on food intake also. So for the first month, I lost 7 pounds only. It was a great start. Second month come and I still continue with my daily gym activity at RBRC and controlling food intake too. I guess the second month I hit a plateau cos my weight see-sawed in gaining and losing. Many told me that it might be I have gained muscles thus the weight gain. I wanted to disbelieve them as my colleague manage to lost 12 pounds in the second month *shock horror horror*. I was actually badly disappointed in myself that I wanted to give up since I can't find out what was wrong with my exercise and food intake that I can't lose any further. I was also further discouraged when my colleague did not want to share with me her secret to losing weight well. I mean she wanted me to be with her in our weight loss journey I thought we could share any information together :( When I pointed out my frustration through Facebook, then my colleague shared with me this particular gym that she has been attending. I decided to join the gym and so far I am happy with the result produced from the gym.
I went to this An De Chantique gym at Serusop (near my area). As far as I know, I have been there for 2 weeks only and I have lost around 4 pounds without any weight gain!!! Then it struck me real hard that its the amount of calories I have to burn during my exercise that will help with the weight loss. It doesn't matter how long you jog/cycle/cross trained, but if the calories burnt is low, thus the weight loss is also low or you might end up gaining weight :s
So for me right now, I ended up setting a goal for myself to be able to burn a minimum of 500 calories per day!!! As of right now, I haven't weigh myself yet to know my weight loss after exactly 3 months of exercise and healthy eating :p
What I want to show you guys below are some pictures of my achievements that I have made since I started this journey with my colleague :D
![]() |
| This horrible picture of my bulging tummy was taken in 2010 during my honeymoon at Kuching *faint* Note the shirt yea :p |
![]() |
| The same shirt that I wore as above 6 weeks after I spend my time in the gym & healthy eating (6 weeks after 19th May 2012). Note the tummy *happy mode* |
![]() |
| Wore this HKG shirt in 2010 when we had a limteh session with my besties at Yappy Kopitiam. Note my tummy *huhuhu* |
![]() |
| Wore this t-shirt back after 9 weeks after tough exercise & healthy eating |
![]() |
| I am like playing "SPOT THE TUMMY" game *LOL* |
![]() |
| This is an updated picture of me in my 10th week of weight loss program. Took this picture at the fitness centre that I go. Feeling healthier and fitter :)) |
![]() |
| Though the bulging tummy is not there anymore, I know I still have a long way to go :D *fighting* |







No comments:
Post a Comment