06 February 2010

Chicken head?!?

Yesterday my bestfriend Bel and I had an appointment at Kathy Salon (Qlap branch) at 9.30am. I arrived late because I was being told last minute to bring my mum in law to my sis in law's place at Telanai. So I sms-ed Bel and told her that I will be late. Upon arriving the salon at ard 10am, I immeditaely took my seat next to Bel and asked for Yvonne's (a Gold Scissor Awardee hairstylist) opinion if I can have the so called "jagung perm" that my wedding makeup artist has. Too bad Yvonne told me that her salon does not have the equipment to do the "jagung perm".

So I asked for her honest opinion on what fashion to do to my hair and she responded by saying and I quote " Since your neck is short, I recommend u to create volume on the top of your head to create an illusion that u look taller. So its better that u do soft perm at the top of your head and leave the bottom of ur hair straight."

Since Yvonne mentioned that her salon can't do the "jagung perm" so I decided to go ahead with her recommendation since I would love to have some change but not a DRASTIC change as she mentioned that the perm to be done on the top of my head is a SOFT perm. Who knows Yvonne instructed her assistants to rebond my lower part of my hair as when in fact it does not need rebonding as my hair is straight enough liao. To think I got charged for the rebonding.

Finally after 4hrs at Kathy Salon, the outcome was so drastic that I nearly cried :( Luckily, my usual hairdresser was free that I immediately head off the my usual hairdresser's place at Lambak and had my hair modified :) Pictures below will show u the disaster from Kathy Salon and the modifications did to my hair :)

**P/S: Do not ask me how much I spend :p**

Ah Bel having her hair rebonded

2 hairstylists on her :p

While myhair was being done. The lady behind is Yvonne the so called "Gold Scissor Awardee"

Bel during the final stages of her hair

U call this CUTE?!?

With my hair tucked behind my ears. I look like a CHICKEN!!!

Can someone tell me if this is soft perm???

This is what my hairdresser did to me :) Notice the bangs on the left side. That was Yvonne's WORK!!!

2 comments:

Mummy Hanis said...

OMIGOD! You paid for such service to your hair? Remind me not to go to Kathy's! :p

Unknown said...

Yup its a MUST NOT go place for someone called the "GOLD scissor awardee"